Thursday, May 28, 2015

What A Wordy Wordless Wednesday...





Well, this is supposed to be Wordless/Mewless Wednesday...but there is lots of mews and words to miaow about.

Today, I, Minko went to the Vet. A new one. But I was still scared and made the towel in my carrier all wet...good thing meowmy had a spare with her, MOL!
OMC, what a tall dude he was...but friendly and amicable. I didn't hiss him, and he didn't say if I tried to give him a bitey...cause he poked and prodded me and then he had his vampire helpers stael some drops of my purrecious life fluid.
He even checked my blood pressure! OMC. It was normal he said. Good fur me!
A few hours later , meowmy got the labwork results. All normal, OMC! Vet-man said I scored an A!
But he still could see that I was not being a regular silly meezer like I am supposed to be, and my furs are not shiny, nor do I weigh furry much...though...its a wee bit more than when I saw the lady vet back in November.

His thoughts about Me, Minko are that its not pancreatitis as my main trouble, (though that could be secondary), but Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Oh-oh.  (Based on age, fur condition, weight loss, lethargy, anorexia, vomiting, and diarrhea.)
So I got a shot of steroids, some B12, and pills of predisolone to take starting in a few days.
And call them in a week to let them know how I am doing...or sooner if necessary.

Meowmy seemed happier with this vet-man, he listened and chatted and did not try to make meowmy feel like she didn't know anything, even if she is not a vet. He did not tell her it was bad to feed me by spoon, like the other lady-vet had don...sheesh. If meowmy didn't purrsist at making sure I eat, I would not be here to tell you my mews on this Wordless Wednesday.
Its a huge practice with 9 DVM's and seemingly a gazillion ancillary staff of techs and other helpers.

And while I had sung lots of arias (meezer ballads are quite soulful...),and other songs of sad purrsuasions, I was silent all the way home. MOL!

I so far have not upchucked, and no stinky tootsies either, which is what happens when I have the runs...
Vet-man didn't make any purrticular suggestion for a purrscription noms, but he said, just to feed me a good quality noms.
Does anyone have any suggestions about canned noms (pate only is what I will eat), that would have limited ingredients and no junk?

Any other suggestions like fur supplements, etc?

Well, Pipo did not hiss me when I returned, we had a mutual grooming session instead, to get the fureign stinks off of me, MOL!!

24 comments:

  1. Crikey Minko ...... sounds to me like you did good apart from the wet towel bit. An A's good and the new Vet sounds good. Inflammatory bowel disease sounds bad but if it can be controlled with medication then that's good, aye?? As for nom's I've got no idea. Mum feeds me chicken, veges and rice when I'm crook. She cooks it up for me in a big pot. I love it but I don't know that you would. Sure hope the meds have you back eatin' real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets furget about that wet towel....I do that each time I go to the stabby joints...sigh...

      Still won't eat on my own...and I am getting rabbit - go figure...

      Delete
    2. You won't eat RABBIT??? Crikey Minko ..... you MUST be in a real bad way?? I sure hope this new Vet man can help you get better. You won't eat Rabbit?? Fair dinkum ..... no wonder Growlmy's stumped.

      Delete
    3. Dog-guy lurks nearby incase some may drop on the floor...I would gladly give all of it to him...and you know, its expensive stuff, like about $3 a 5.5 ounce can...sigh...

      Delete
  2. WE are glad you like your new Vet.
    We purr that you will feel better in a few days and that things will improve for you.
    As nice as he was, we bet you were glad to get home :)
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home is the bestest pawlace fur me!

      We may just take all our records there, and start using this vet...its not that much further than the purrvious one.

      Delete
  3. Paws up for going to a MUCH nicer vet, and it sounds like the treatment worked! I know that Natures Variety has several different limited ingredient foods - you might check them out. In fact, here's a link: http://www.chewy.com/s?dept=cat&query=nature%27s+variety+cat+limited+canned&nav-submit-button=Submit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new vet sounds very nice and compassionate and he did a thorough job examining you. We send you good thoughts and hope the new meds help you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new vet sounds like a very nice man! We would offer you look into Organic Slippery Elm for the digestive track. it is 100% natural and no side effects. Please talk to your vet but it coats the digestive track and cuts down on inflammation. I used it for Angel Abby the last 3 years of her life (plus a few other herbal things) and it helps get rid of her digestion/poo problems. I'm not saying it will solve IBD but it will help. Also you can check out Tanya CRF site. It is more than CRF and there is a lot of information about IBD there too. Keeping good thoughts for you Minko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew!
      Thanks fur the info, too:)
      I will get meowmy to check it out.

      Delete
  6. you should connect with Glogirly when she returns from BlogPaws...(give her a few days to catch her breath lol)...her cat, Katie, has IBD....I bet she could be a huge help. She has blogged about it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank mew!
      I will let them rest a bit, then I will mew at them.

      Delete
  7. dood...if ewe iz still on catster ore rememburr lacey & finn...tell yur mom ta chex out ther mom lisa's site; her dedicated it ta Alex

    http://www.ibdkitties.net/

    they iz all sew at facebook, but we iz knot ...sew we canna linx up that way...

    glad yur new vet iz a purrson a bull dood....that helpz ...A BUNCH ...both ewe N meowmy......meowloz ta pipo....♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup,still there...Will go and check that site.

      We do not 'do' FB either...

      Meowmy did not feel the need to be defensive and her questions were not met with ridicule, that is 100% better bedside manner:))

      Delete
  8. That sounds like pretty good news that you liked the vet, your blood work was good and you were slightly heavier. Thank God Mom is so good at feeding and caring for you. Prancie has a food allergy so we feed her the venison Natural Balance Dick Van Patten's : http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/product-category.aspx?ProductCategoryID=31&category=LID+Limited+Ingredient+Diets+Canned+Cat+Formulas
    it is limited ingredients, pate and only $1.79/can which is reasonable compared to some. All my cats try to steal it from her so it must be tasty. I am still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go and check that out, well I will get meowmy to do that...when I am taking a kitty nap, MOL!

      The rabbit I am getting now is almost $3 a can, OMC:(

      Delete
  9. Your new vet sounds pretty good. We eat Fancy Feast mostly, but we's also eaten Nature's Variety and Merrick. I know Nature's Variety makes limited ingredient wet noms.

    Sendin ya purrs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Minko - when I goes to the v-e-t I pee on the mom when she tries to put me in the PTU, and then, after she changes her clothes and gets me there, when she takes me out of the PTU I pee on the v-e-t. - Miles

    ReplyDelete
  11. MOL! I even do worse than that sometimes...you know the poo....

    But then the vet peeps say, hooray we can test it! Huh??!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So it was a NOT werdless Wensday... We like Wellness canned stuff. They have some good pate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meowmy found carrageenan in the ingredients, so Minko can't have it...but other than that it would have been great.

      Delete